CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
We are the Church without a name!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Noise 1.0

It is so nice this morning, as I sit outside and write this post. It is 60 degrees on a July morning in Texas. The birds are singing all around. Cup of coffee in hand, dog @ my feet, everyone inside my house asleep. Aw! Peace Perfect Peace! All but one thing! Someone is keeping a dozer running about 100 yards north of my house, getting a pad site ready for a gas well. The noise is only the beginning; of a month of noise as they drill on this site in the name of money.

Thinking time

My favorite place to go and think is outside on a cool morning. Hear to coo of a lonesome Dove and watch the tiny sparrows steal my dog’s food! The occasional bark of a dog, the sounds of squirrels scurrying up and down tress, but underneath all that I can still heart it. I can hear the dull hum of traffic on the freeway. Yes it’s distant and I can block it out. That’s he current of life we live in. I for a moment have jumped out of that current, it’s very peaceful, but the lure and hum of progress is always very near even when we try to get away.

So how do you get away? Do you ever get quiet enough to hear the still small voice of God? When is the last time you had the birds (chirp, chirp kind) download you their latest MP3? How long has it been since you have been alone and quiet with God?

Too long. . .

0 comments: