CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
We are the Church without a name!

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Build the Fort Today!

Years ago, I attended a seminar for teacher training. One of the sessions was taught by Jim Kern. He told us a story of a man how came home from work one day and his son said

"Daddy can we build a fort today?” And of course the dad says "Not tonight, I am too (insert your word)"

This goes on for several days until one day the boy stops asking, and his dreams of having a grand fort build by his dad are crushed.

Just think about what this means.

It means that the boy no longer has faith in his dad and the boy knows that he does not rate very high on dad’s priority list. How sad this is, these moments come, and if we let too many of them go we have in essence let the child go.

I became convicted of this today as my youngest son ask "dad will you play trains with me" And of course what did I say "In a minute"

Two hours have past, why am I still sitting here? I have to go play trains now, what do you need to do?

GO BUILD YOUR FORT TODAY!

Be present today; make today count, because tomorrow will be here soon.
MC

0 comments: