CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
We are the Church without a name!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

One Year, a line in the sand

WOW! It's hard to believe a year has come and gone!

I am so glad to be here! I can never go back to the person I was a year ago, I don't want to go back. I have so much peace compared to this time last year. This time last year it was all so scary starting out on this adventure, but with your help it has been a joy!

I left a mindset that was ruled by the least common denominator, meaning the weakest link in the chain dictated what could or could not be done. This is very limiting. This mind set is like communism where someone else sets your standard, I can't go back to that mindset. A mind set in which you were frozen by people that were offended. I should be much more concerned by how my sin is an offense to God and less concerned by how others have offended me. Go back and listen to these when you are feeling offended, thanks Brother Reed.





I look forward to seeing God work in our group this year.

I found this poem, I think this is what we are all about.



Th
e Line in the Sand
by
Joh
n W. Frye

The time that Jesus drew a line in the sand
The scandalous woman lived; sent away forgiven
While blood stones lay unused on the ground,
Once held by self-confessed sinners.

What is our line in the sand?
Does it heal, forgive, give hope and life?
Is it a life line or a line of dark challenge,
signaling separation, judgment and death?

Go ahead, make someone's day.
Draw your line in the sand.
People will see it and know your heart.
Love that forgives draws lines in the sand,
And so does the code of law that kills.

The hand that drew the line for the woman
Who, in panic and shame, bent naked in the crowd
Took the hammered, ragged nail.
His warm blood ran down to the line in the sand.

Where does our blood run these days?
Those who don't bleed, don't forgive.
What's our blood line...or
Blood stone?

0 comments: