CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
We are the Church without a name!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Noise 2.0

"It’s so loud, Can’t you hear how loud that movie is!” This is a phrase often repeated in the Cook household. We most often have this conversation with our oldest son about the noise level of the TV. We are a family of technology freaks. We love it! The problem is it is on 24/7. We seem to always have some media going from Music, DVD’s TV, VHS Tapes (yes I must be old, I even know about Beta, 8 tracks, record players, 45’s), CD’s, Computers, WII. . . you name it, if make sounds the Cook’s listen to it loud and proud baby, loud and proud. Can you hear me now?

Where did my son learn this behavior from? I wish I could say “he’s a little deaf and has to turn it up a bit” or “Matt is a little hard of hearing and has to have everything loud.”

Isn’t it ironic so many times what we drives us crazy with our kids behavior is so often a flaw in us. Should I be angry @ my son or should I be angry @ myself? Should I desire a change from my son, or should I desire a change in me?

What about you? Too much noise in your life too?

0 comments: