CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
We are the Church without a name!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 GONE

Every year we say it, "I can't believe this year has past by, where did the time go?" We are all so caught up in the "rat race" to pay our bills that it becomes easy for our stuff to own us. I often wonder who is in control here, me, God, or my stuff. What really dictates my life, is it the workload at my job, the debt that I am trapped by?

Materialism is the Baal worship of our times. We are so caught up in maintaining and growing our little kingdoms that we are driven to neglect our own health, our spouses and our families.

We countdown the days until deadlines, holidays, vacations. . . If we are not careful we wish away our lives.

This year make your New Years Resolution to make the most of every second, live here and now, be fully present every second, take life in, and live it to it's fullest. Live a life of no regrets, no should haves, could haves. . . No regrets. Live a carpe diem life.

I think Switchfoot put it best in their Song Gone.
Every day we borrow (listen here)
Brings us one step closer to the edge (infinity)
Where's your treasure, where's your hope
If you get the world and lose your soul
She pretends like she pretends like she's immortal
Don't say so long
You're not that far gone
This could be your big chance to makeup
Today will soon be

Gone, like yeterday is gone,
Like history is gone,
The world keeps spinning on,
Your going going gone,
Like summer break is gone,
Like saturday is gone
Just try to prove me wrong
You pretend like your immortal your immortal
Switchfoot's Gone

MC

1 comments:

homecooks said...

That is an awesome song